With the April showers (I know!) finally dispersing, and hospitality opening up again, now’s the time to get outside; our newly resurfaced market place is a good place to start – come and have a look if you haven’t already. I hope you’ll agree it’s a more attractive space in which to meet up, whether that be at a forthcoming Friday market or in one of the pubs or coffee shops in town. And looking further ahead, there are now quite a few events that are being confirmed in which to make the most of our summer. June starts next week after all! Below are a few that have been confirmed but there’ll be plenty more; keep your eyes on the local press and social media.
– Monday 31 May: Windsor Hill Wood Family Fundraising Day. Details on the Windsor Hill Wood Facebook page
– Friday 9 ~ Sunday 11 July. Literally Shepton and Love Your Library Day
– Saturday 17 July: All the World’s Our Playground Festival
– Saturday 24 July: Shepton Skate and BMX Jam. Skate Park.
– Sunday 15 August: Mid-Somerset Show. From 9am. The new show-field site south of Cannards Grave
Some of the really large events such as the Glastonbury Festival might not be happening this year but I think it’s a great excuse to keep things local.
Until next time.
Matt Harrison, Chairperson