The Westfest dance music event is taking place again at the Royal Bath and West Showground on the night of 30th October 2021. The organisers will build and deconstruct the event site between Monday 25th October and Tuesday 2nd November. The event will be open from 7pm until 5am on 30th October. The organisers will conduct intermittent sound checks on Friday 29th between 2030 and 2130, and on the event day between 3pm and 5pm.
The organisers will be adhering to both national and local Mendip District Council guidelines and requirements in respect of COVID- 19 protection. This means that all attendees will be required to show proof of recent testing or immunity before being admitted, and that the organsiers will have enhanced cleaning and protection processes on site. Whilst central Government restrictions have been relaxed, as responsible event organisers, Slammin Events remain committed to ensuring the safety of both our customers and the local community.
The organisers successfully implemented arrival and departure improvements in 2019 to minimise the impact on the local community. These measures will be applied again:
- A traffic management system to reduce any build up of traffic on to the A371.
- Shuttle buses transporting people to and from the event from Castle Cary railway station to keep our customers off the A371. The A371 is not a safe road to walk on at night so we will recommend either minicabs or one of the shuttle bus services.
- Help line should people walking along the road because you concern or other problems please ring the below number and we will address the issue.
- Road closure to ensure the safety of anyone who chooses to walk along the road there will be a Southbound road closure of the A371 from the A37 (Whitstone roundabout) to Bagborough Lane, from 02:00 to 07:30 on Sunday 27th October. This will mean that access to Prestleigh will be only from the Northbound direction during this time. We hope the timings of this closure will minimise the impact on local residents.
- Blue gate is the southern entrance, Pecking Mill side, on the A371 (nearest postcode BA4 6QW). Green Gate is on the A37 north of Pylle, below Beard Hill (nearest postcode BA4 6ST)
- Vehicle access for Drop off will be through Blue Gate and exit via Green Gate on the A37. For returning vehicles picking up, the entrance will be via Green Gate on the A37. All routes will be signed on the highways. Vehicles parked along the roadway on the A371 outside the showground are liable to be towed away.
Should you wish to contact the organisers during build and break period please use the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to contact the organisers during the show for any reason please call: 01749 574 015 This number will be staffed from 7pm on the Saturday 30th through to 6:00am on Sunday 31st October.