The Town Council is committed to realising its bold vision for Shepton Mallet as laid out in the town plan, ‘Investing in Shepton’s Future 2020-2024’. As part of this, the Town Council is leading or working with partners on a number of projects aimed at delivering positive change for the town.
Wayfinding signage (information coming soon)
How are projects agreed to and decided by the Town Council?
Councillors and town council officers suggest new project ideas to the relevant committee for that project. The committee will discuss the idea and decide whether it should be agreed and how it should be funded. One of the main factors deciding whether a project will be agreed is whether it is in line with the town plan. Other factors include:
- What the benefit of the project is to the community (is there one?)
- Who the project benefits (is it a wide section of the community?)
- How feasible the project is (can it actually be done?)
- Whether the town council has authority to deliver that project (is it in our gift to do so?)
- Resource and capacity (does the town council have the capacity in terms of people, skills and time to deliver this project?)
- Cost (upfront cost and ongoing or recurring costs)
If you are a resident of Shepton Mallet and have a project idea you would like to discuss, please contact one of your councillors.
The Town Council will continue to work with a wide range of partners to deliver projects for the town. These include other local government partners such as Mendip District Council, Somerset County Council and neighbouring parish councils, as well as local businesses, organisations and community groups.
For any enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org