Celebrating the exceptional level of service to Shepton Mallet
The Honorary Citizenship Award is an award recognising outstanding services to Shepton Mallet. Nominations for the award are considered every four years by an extraordinary meeting of councillors.
The award is the highest honour that Shepton Mallet Town Council can bestow on its residents and is reserved for truly exceptional contributions.
The following criteria will be considered for an Honorary Citizen of Shepton Mallet nomination:
1. Someone who has given a substantial amount of their time to serving members of the community for the improvement of their well-being
2. Someone who has played a critical role in delivering a community service
3. Someone who has committed a remarkable act of bravery
4. Someone who has worked tirelessly to promote the town and contribute to its life and legacy
5. Someone recognised for a remarkable sporting achievement
6. Someone who has retired as a councillor with at least 25 years of public service
Full terms and conditions can be found in the Honorary Citizen Awards policy.
Nominations for an Honorary Citizen Award can next be made:
- Thursday 1st October until Thursday 31st December 2020
Award winners will be announced in February 2021.
Nominations must be made by a resident of Shepton Mallet and both proposed and seconded by a Shepton Mallet Town Councillor.
To make a nomination, you must complete a nomination form which you can download from our website or collect in person from the Town Council office. Where someone is unable to physically come to the office, please email email@example.com and request that a form be sent to you by post.
The completed form must be returned to the Town Council in a sealed envelope addressed to the Town Clerk.
Nominations must be made in the strictest confidence without the nominee’s knowledge.